Fatigue and distracted driving monitoring solution with an audible alarm that increases in volume and frequency to force a driver to take note of his dangerous fatigue level and stop the vehicle before a possible collision
The ability of a driver to self-assess his fatigue level diminishes as he grows more tired. A vast number of accidents are the direct result of fatigue and driver distraction, placing a burden on the transport industry, already under the strain of a challenged economy.
DriveAlert recognises fatigue and distracted driving by monitoring a driver’s retinas and face.
Using the PERCLOS measure of alertness, it detects fatigue even before the driver closes his eyes. The unit looks like a camera, but incorporates a high-end infrared camera, microprocessor, memory modules and alarm system.
- Able to operate under all weather conditions
- Infra red when driving at night
- Not affected by drivers wearing glasses as well as sunglasses
- Functions with drivers of all skin colours
- Driver’s vision will not be obscured or blocked in any way
- The unit can be configured to start monitoring at a specific speed interval of either 20km/h, 30km/h or 45km/h.
- The unit will be installed into a tamper proof case and then mounted in position to avoid driver tampering / setting adjustment / power disconnection etc
- Components can operate between -10 degrees to +50 degrees Celsius
- Alarm sensitivity and volume is adjustable
DriveAlert can operate as a stand-alone system or activate DriveCam and send video footage of fatigue and distracted driving incidents.